Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Long Time - Update on my health

It has been a very long time since I have posted here. I spend a lot of time on Facebook and working with my photography. My lab tests have been so boring and normal lately, so there is nothing to tell about that. It is a good thing for them to be normal after so many years of being abnormal. The Hepatitis C is gone, and my transplanted liver is doing great! I did have to start taking more anti depressants once the treatment for the Hepatitis C was finished. The treatment causes depression and it hasn't gone away for me. The treatment also caused my thyroid to go out of whack so that I had to start taking Levothyroxine for my thyroid. I was told it would go back to normal after the treatment, but it never did. I also developed a cyst on my retina which was also caused by the treatment, but it has been holding stable. I have floaters in my eyes all of the time caused by the gel of the inner eye breaking off from the retina and floating around. It's not bad and doesn't interfere with my vision. I wish I could see like I used to without those floaters, but it's not a big deal since the treatment took the Hepatitis C away. These are all small prices to pay for getting healthy.

No comments: